IDF operation near Nablus in West Bank leaves 3 Palestinian gunmen dead

Three Palestinian gunmen were killed during an IDF operation near Nablus in the West Bank. The Israeli forces raided a northern West Bank refugee camp and arrested three terror suspects. The al-Aqsa Martyr’s Brigade terror group later released a statement saying the three had been members of the organization. The Palestinian Health Ministry said at 3 a.m. that three people had been killed by Israeli troops operating in Balata, a large refugee camp directly east of Nablus. Another six Palestinians were injured, including one person in critical condition, the ministry said. There were no immediate reports of Israeli injuries.

The IDF said it located a laboratory containing tens of kilograms of explosives that were to be used for attacks. The military said a team destroyed the site. A number of weapons, including rifles and explosive devices, were also seized during the raid, the military said.

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant hailed the raid, saying it had prevented several terror attacks being carried out against Israelis. Nablus and nearby Jenin have been at the center of an ongoing IDF campaign to root out terror, increasing already-high tensions in the area. The offensive was launched following a spate of attacks in late 2021 and 2022.

Since the beginning of the year, Palestinian attacks in Israel and the West Bank have killed 19 people and left several more seriously hurt. At least 111 West Bank Palestinians have been killed during that span, including the three reported slain Monday. Most of them were killed while carrying out attacks or during clashes with security forces, but some were uninvolved civilians or were killed under circumstances that are being investigated.

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *